Almond Butter Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 6 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup silvered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- COMBINE 1 cup flour and yeast in medium bowl.
- HEAT milk, shortening, 4 tablespoons sugar and salt in small saucepan just until warm (115ºF to 120ºF), stirring just until shortening softens; add to dry mixture. Add egg. Beat with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- SPRAY a 8 x 1 1/2- or 9 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Turn dough into pan. Sprinkle with nuts and 1 tablespoon sugar. Cover; let rise until almost double in size, about 1 hour. Dot with butter.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of cake), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.