Almond Macaroon Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 48 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted *
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 48 whole almonds, toasted *
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using 2/3 cup oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar, flour and 2 eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Stir in almond extract, coconut and chopped almonds. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over brownie batter, spreading evenly. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is firm to the touch. Cool completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon oil in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle and spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Garnish each bar with 1 whole almond. Chill until chocolate is set.
- TIP *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 48), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.