Almond-Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 20 sandwich cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Beat cake mix and shortening in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form, about 2 minutes. Blend in water, egg and almond extract on low speed until dough forms.
- ROLL dough on well floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutter into 2-1/2-inch circles. Use a 3/4-inch round canape cutter to cut and remove a small circle of dough from half of the dough circles. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- SPRINKLE powdered sugar on top side of all cookies with cut-out centers. Spread about 1 teaspoon preserves evenly on bottom side of all whole round cookies. Top with a cut-out cookie to form sandwiches.
- PLACE frosting in decorating bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe a small star of frosting on top of each cookie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.