Carrot Cake Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- OR Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- COMBINE flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add pineapple with juice, carrots, raisins, walnuts and coconut. Mix well. Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs. Stir just until moistened. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 17g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.