Apple Walnut Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 4 cups peeled, coarsely chopped Granny Smith apples (about 4)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apples and sugar in medium bowl. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- BEAT eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add flour mixture alternately with apple mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bottom and down the sides of the bowl. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack in pan.
- WHISK together all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle immediately over cooled cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 47g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.