Apricot Angel Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed of electric mixer 5 minutes or until light. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture, mixing well. Stir in apricots and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets .
- BAKE 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 4 minutes. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.