Apricot Breakfast Muffins
- Prep Time: 0 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 6 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Apricot Preserves, plus additional for spreading on tops of muffins
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 6 muffin cups with no-stick spray.
- COMBINE flour, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- BEAT together egg, oil and milk. Blend in preserves and almond extract. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups evenly with batter.
- BAKE 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Spread tops with a thin layer of preserves before serving.
- TIP To prepare the night before, measure dry ingredients and cover. Combine egg, oil, milk and preserves as directed. Refrigerate. Mix together the next morning, adding the almond extract just before baking. Bake as directed.
SPLENDA is a registered trademark of McNeil Nutritionals, LLC.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.