- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- SPRAY a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE 2 cups flour and yeast in large bowl. Heat milk, shortening, 1/4 cup sugar and salt just until warm (115 to 120ºF), stirring until shortening almost melts. Add to flour mixture. Add eggs. Beat with electric mixer at low speed 1/2 minute, scraping bowl. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, stir in remaining flour. Batter will be stiff.
- SPREAD batter in prepared baking pan. Cover. Let rise until almost double in size, 45 to 60 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Stir together 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Combine egg yolk and cream. Add to sugar mixture, stirring until blended. Add berries. Carefully spoon mixture on top of dough.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of kuchen), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 20g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.