Blueberry Maple Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavor extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts.
- STIR together 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup shortening and maple flavor. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Rinse and drain blueberries. Fold gently into batter. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Cut into squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 19g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.