Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant French vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Cupcakes: COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with milk. Beat until smooth. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: COMBINE pudding mix, cream and water in medium bowl. Whisk 2 minutes.
- For Ganache: HEAT cream in small saucepan on low heat until hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- REMOVE cupcakes from paper baking cups. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread 1 rounded tablespooon filling on bottom halves. Place tops back on filling. Spread 2 teaspoons ganache over tops. Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 cupcakes), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.