Braised Chicken Thighs with Chorizo
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup diced smoked Spanish chorizo sausage
- 1 teaspoon crushed red ancho chile
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf fresh parsley
- COMBINE flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry with paper towels. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet, skin side down. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet. Reduce heat to low. Add onion to pan drippings; saute 2 minutes. Add red pepper and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, chorizo, chiles and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Return chicken to skillet.
- COVER skillet with tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes. Add beans to skillet. Cook, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 680 (Calories from Fat 390), Total Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 185mg, Sodium 1510mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 6g), Protein 43g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 8%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.