Caramel Oatmeal Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen squares
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, plus 3 tbsps., divided
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (12.5 oz.) jar Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumbs into prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over crust. Stir together caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour until well blended. Drizzle over chocolate chips and nuts. Top with reserved 1/2 cup crumbs.
- BAKE an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. While still warm, run a knife around the outside edge of pan. Cool completely on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.