- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/2 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots (about 8 to 10 medium, peeled)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (1 lb.) box powdered sugar (3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Carrot curls
- Chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- SPRAY a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE sugar and shortening; beat at medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs until blended. Beat in water at low speed until blended.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed until blended. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- ADD carrots. Beat until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 to 55* minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Invert cake on wire rack. Cool completely. Place cake on serving tray.
- COMBINE cream cheese and shortening; beat at medium speed until blended. Reduce speed to low.
- ADD powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended. Beat at medium speed until frosting is of desired spreading consistency.
- FROST top and sides of cake. Garnish with nuts and carrot curls on each serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 54g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 80%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.