Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 18 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups shredded carrots, about 1/4 pound
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored, shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat eighteen 1/2-cup muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- WHISK together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Whisk in sugar. Add carrots, pecans, raisins and coconut; toss well.
- WHISK together eggs, oil and vanilla in small bowl; stir in shredded apple.
- ADD egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until batter is just combined. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling no more than 3/4 full.
- BAKE until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool muffins in pan on racks 5 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter until blended. Add milk and vanilla.
- BEAT in powdered sugar gradually until desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 21g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.