Cherry Chocolate Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 6 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon miniature chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 6 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl. Blend in oil, milk, preserves and almond extract. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Divide batter evenly in prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edge of each muffin before removing from pan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 6), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 23g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.