- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas or 10 fajita-sized tortillas
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Sour cream, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro
- HEAT oil in large saucepan. Stir in flour and chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Add cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and garlic powder. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- COMBINE chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup Cheddar, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, sour cream, chiles and cilantro. Stir in 1/2 cup Enchilada Sauce, stirring until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT 1/2-inch oil over medium heat in large pan. Fry tortillas, one at a time, until soft (10 seconds per side). Drain on paper towels.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Spread a small amount of Enchilada Sauce over the bottom of dish. Spread 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll up. Place enchiladas, seam side down, side by side in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over. Top with remaining cheeses.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce bubbles. Garnish with sour cream, sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (2 enchiladas), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 1400mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g), Protein 32g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 30%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.