Chicken Salad Puffs
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT shortening, water and salt to a rolling boil in a heavy saucepan. Add flour and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and dough is smooth. Remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool several minutes before adding eggs.
- WHISK eggs. Add to flour mixture gradually, beating until thick and smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 1/2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350ºF; continue baking for 10 minutes. Cool.
- COMBINE ingredients for Chicken Salad. Cut off tops of puffs and pull out any soft moist dough. Spoon Chicken Salad into puffs. Replace tops.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 puff of 24), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.