Chocolate-Caramel Crumb Cupcakes
Carole Holt , Mendota Heights, MN, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 18 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package), softened
- 1 (19.5 oz.) box Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s® mini chips semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups (2 3/4x1 1/4 inches). In small bowl, beat caramel topping and cream cheese with wire whisk until smooth; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together brownie mix, cocoa and chocolate chips. Remove 2/3 cup brownie mixture to another small bowl; stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, butter and pecans until crumbly.
- To remaining brownie mixture, add 1/3 cup brown sugar, oil, sour cream and eggs; stir 50 strokes with spoon. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Spoon about 1 tablespoon caramel mixture onto center of batter in each cup. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over tops.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near edge comes out almost clean (center will be soft). Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 26g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.