Chocolate Lover’s Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- OR 1 cup chopped pecans
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Beat shortening and sugar in medium bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- BLEND in eggs, one at a time. With a wooden spoon, stir in melted chocolate, espresso powder and vanilla until smooth. Add flour and nuts; stir until combined. Pour filling mixture into unbaked pie crust
- BAKE 25 minutes. Cool pie completely on cooling rack; refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 700 (Calories from Fat 430), Total Fat 48g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 36g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.