Glazed Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 25 min
- Yield: 10 to 12 biscuits
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Self Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Stir flour, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until blended. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or two knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Stir in raisins. Using fork, stir in buttermilk just until mixture leaves sides of bowl.
- TURN dough onto floured surface. Knead 5 to 6 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet with sides touching.
- BAKE 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl. Whisk in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a thick glaze. Spread over slightly warm biscuits. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 6), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 40g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.