Coconut Lemon Torte
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- 1 (14 oz.) cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon peel, if desired, and food coloring, if desired, in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Chill.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans generously with flour no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly.
- REMOVE crust from top of each cake layer with sharp knife. Split layers. Spread equal portions of lemon mixture between layers and on top to within 1 inch of edge
- FROST side and 1-inch rim on top of cake with whipped topping. Coat side of cake with coconut; garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 60g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 45g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 1%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.