Coconut Pecan Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Coconut Pecan Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut*
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND sweetened condensed milk and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on high until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla for 1 minute. Add flour and baking soda. Beat until evenly moistened and creamy. Stir in coconut and pecans. Drop by measuring tablespoons of dough on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten with cup coated with no-stick cooking spray.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cooking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Spread 1 teaspoon of frosting on tops of cookies. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- TIP For variety, place 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting into corner of 1-quart heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 10 seconds. Cut small corner off bag. Drizzle over tops of cookies. Sprinkle with finely chopped pecans.
- TIP *To toast coconut: Spread coconut on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, tossing coconut with fork after each minute. To avoid over-browning, remove from pan immediately.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 72), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.