Curry Pork and Vegetable Stew
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 105 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- OR Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray, for slow cooker
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound frozen white pearl onions
- OR 3 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2/3 cup Hungry Jack® Butter Flavored Syrup
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (1 lb.) package frozen crinkle cut carrots
- Long grain and wild rice, prepared according to package directions (optional)
- HEAT oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown meat in two batches, stirring to brown on all sides. Return all meat to Dutch oven.
- ADD chicken broth, water, onions, flour, cinnamon, curry and syrup to meat. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- COVER tightly and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir in pineapple tidbits and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cooking until meat and vegetables are fork-tender. Stir before serving. Serve over long grain and wild rice, if desired.
SLOW COOKER METHOD
- COAT slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray.
- SEASON meat with salt and pepper. Place meat, broth, water, onions, flour, cinnamon, curry, syrup, pineapple and carrots in slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- COVER and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Stir before serving. Serve over long grain and wild rice, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 750 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 780mg, Total Carbohydrate 84g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 61g), Protein 46g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 280%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 8%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.