Fettuccine Alfredo with Italian Chicken
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Beat egg in a shallow dish until frothy. Beat in milk. Combine flour, paprika, basil, salt and pepper in another shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture.
- POUR oil into a shallow, rimmed baking sheet. Place pan in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until oil is hot. Place chicken breasts in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Turn chicken over. Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture. Bake 5 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let stand, loosely covered in foil, while preparing pasta.
- COOK fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water before draining pasta.
- MELT butter in a large saucepot or Dutch oven over low heat. Add 1/2 cup cheese, reserved cooking water, cream, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 920 (Calories from Fat 490), Total Fat 55g (Saturated Fat 29g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 290mg, Sodium 1070mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g), Protein 53g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 25%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.