Fettuccini with Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 5 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- OR 1 teaspoon teaspoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- PREPARE fettuccini according to package directions, adding 1 tablespoon shortening to cooking water. Drain and rinse with warm water. Place in large bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon shortening.
- MELT 3 tablespoons shortening in 2-quart saucepan. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour, parsley flakes, onion powder, salt and pepper. Blend in half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly. Pour over fettuccini in bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, tossing to coat.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 14g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.