Fresh Blueberry Lattice Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate.
- ROLL out remaining dough. Cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch strips for lattice top. Chill strips. Combine blueberries with sugar, flour and tapioca in large bowl, stirring gently. Let set for 15 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spoon filling into unbaked pie crust. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- WEAVE chilled strips of dough over filling to form lattice crust, extending ends of strips beyond edge of bottom crust. Trim ends of strips even with outer edge of bottom crust. Lift edge of bottom crust, folding over ends of strips. Crimp edge.
- BAKE 30 minutes. Brush lattice with milk. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until filling bubbles and crust is golden brown. Cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 33g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.