Funfetti® Valentine Sundae Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 42 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Valentine's Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (15.6 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Valentine's Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Insert paper baking cups into muffin pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill paper baking cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- USING a serrated knife, carefully cut off tops of cupcakes, even with top of paper cup; remove. Spread frosting on tops. Using a melon ball scoop, carefully remove center of cupcake, leaving the edges intact. Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- USE melon ball scoop to scoop ice cream; fill each cupcake base with a small scoop of ice cream. Lift cupcake tops carefully using a table knife and place on top of cupcake bases. Dollop each with whipped topping. Decorate with candy bits. Top with cherry. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve. Remove frozen cupcakes from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.