Gluten Free* Buttermilk Biscuits
*Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 20 biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend, plus additional for dusting
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, plus to 2 tablespoons
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture becomes coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk until dough forms.
- PLACE dough on lightly floured surface. Roll dough into 3/4-inch disk. Cut into 12 (2-inch) rounds. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons buttermilk. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 20 biscuits), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.