Happy Bunny Cake
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- Additional ingredients to prepare cake mix per package directions
- 3 cans Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® White Frosting
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- Red licorice strips
- Jelly beans
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Bake in 2 (8-inch) round cake pans according to package directions. Cool completely.
- MEASURE 2 inches in from both sides of cake; mark with toothpicks. Using additional toothpicks, mark a 6 x 2-inch oval football shape on each side of cake to make the ears. Cut out ovals with serrated knife. The center section of cake layer will be the "bow tie" for the bunny (see photo).
- PLACE whole cake layer in center of large tray. Place ears and bow tie, rounded side up, to make bunny. Frost top and sides of cake, connecting the pieces together with frosting. Place remaining frosting in decorating bag fitting with medium star tip. Pipe frosting stars to outline bunny face and bow tie. Outline the ears with stripes frosting. Sprinkle cake with coconut. Decorate with licorice and jelly beans to create mouth, whiskers, eyes and nose. Decorate bow tie with additional jelly beans.
- TIP To make green "grass" around bunny, toss an additional 1/2 cup coconut with a few drops of green food coloring until desired color. Place around base of bunny.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 470), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 4g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 81g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 49g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.