- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (15.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Nut Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup peeled, shredded or finely chopped pear
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 8 or 9-inch square pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Combine all cake ingredients in large bowl; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 38 to 43 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center and edges start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool 30 minutes on wire rack.
- HEAT broiler. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add brown sugar and 3 tablespoons honey; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in coconut. Spread evenly over warm cake.
- BROIL 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until topping bubbles. Cut into squares. Serve warm or cool. Top each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- CRANBERRY HONEY-OF-A-PEAR CAKE: Substitute one (15.6 oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Cranberry Quick Bread & Muffin Mix.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/4 cup flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake at 375°F 32 to 37 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 42g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.