Hot Roll Breadsticks
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 24 breadsticks
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter (optional), melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 350°F.
- COAT two baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough in half. Cut each half into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into 6-inch long breadstick. Place on prepared baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Brush lightly with melted butter. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- GARLIC-PARMESAN BREADSTICKS: ADD 2 teaspoons minced garlic to flour mixture. Continue with Step 1 and 2 above. Just before baking, brush breadsticks with 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake as directed.
- CINNAMON BREADSTICKS: ADD 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon to flour mixture. Continue with Step 1 and 2 above. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Melt 1/4 cup butter. Just before baking, brush breadsticks with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake as directed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 breadstick of 24), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.