Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (15.6 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- OR 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- HEAT oven to 350° F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- USING a serrated knife, carefully cut off tops of cupcakes, even with top of paper cup. Spread frosting on top surface of cupcake tops. Using a melon ball scoop, carefully remove center of cupcakes, leaving the edges intact.
- USE a melon ball scoop fill each cupcake base with a small scoop of ice cream. Lift cupcake tops carefully using a table knife and place on top of cupcake bases. Decorate with candy bits or decorator sprinkles. Garnish each with a dollop of whipped topping. Top each with a cherry. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve. Remove frozen cupcakes from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.