Key Lime Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 drops green food color
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 drop green food color
- 12 lime crescent-shaped candy slices, halved
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Cupcakes: BEAT cake mix, water, oil, egg whites, lime juice, lime peel and food color in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed or until blended. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completly on wire rack.
- For Frosting: BEAT cream and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until beginning to thicken. Add lime juice, lime peel and food color. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use. Place frosting in decorator bag fitted with a decorator tip (#12). Starting at outside edge, work towards center creating a spiral. Decorate with jelly candies, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 cupcakes), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.