Lemon Basil Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Dickinson's® Lemon Curd
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 basil leaves, torn, plus 1 teaspoon minced basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Dickinson's® Lemon Curd
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- For Cupcakes: COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat 2 minutes. Spoon in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with milk. Add lemon curd. Beat until combined. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Glaze: COMBINE water, torn basil leaves and salt in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Cover. Steep until cool. Strain out basil leaves. Mix basil water, lemon curd, lemon peel and minced basil in medium bowl. Beat in powdered sugar one cup at a time with electric mixer on low speed, until combined. Beat mixture on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- PLACE glaze into corner of medium heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Frost by squeezing glaze onto cupcakes, starting at outside edge of cupcakes and moving toward center in a spiral pattern.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 29g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.