Lemon Berry Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 21 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- Additional ingredients to prepare cake mix per package instructions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup quartered fresh blackberries or fresh whole blueberries, plus additional for garnish
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Seedless Blackberry Jam
- OR 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Blueberry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Blend in lemon peel. Gently stir in blackberries. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from baking pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Beat in frosting and lemon juice until blended. Drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls of jam over top surface of frosting mixture. Do not mix.
- SPOON frosting mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Press frosting into bottom corner of bag. Cut 1/2-inch corner off bag. Squeeze frosting in a circular pattern on top of each cupcake. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with additional berries, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.