Mini Banana Chocolate Surprise Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 48 mini muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (7.6 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Banana Nut Flavored Muffin Mix
- 3/4 cup quick rolled oats, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 48 miniature chocolate drop candies
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 48 miniature muffin cups with small paper baking cups. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray.*
- RESERVE 1/2 cup muffin mix in small bowl. In large bowl, combine remaining muffin mix, 1/2 cup oats, water, oil and eggs. Mix well. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Lightly press 1 chocolate candy into batter in each cup.
- MIX together reserved 1/2 cup muffin mix, remaining 1/4 cup oats, sugar and melted butter. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon over top of batter in each cup.
- BAKE 16 to 18 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pan. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.
- TIP *If only one 12 cup miniature muffin pan is available, bake batter in batches.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 mini muffin), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.