- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 peices (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- PLACE flour, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake until blended. Add chicken, one piece at a time, shaking to coat with flour.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet.
- REDUCE heat to medium-low. Add onion and garlic to pan drippings. Cook until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, thyme and olives, if desired.
- RETURN chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 180°F.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 740mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 21g), Protein 49g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.