Pan Roasted Chicken Provencal
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 4
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken breasts and thighs (4 each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- OR Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 (16 oz.) package frozen red, yellow and green pepper strips (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- PLACE flour in a 1-gallon resealable food storage bag. Add chicken to flour, one piece at a time, shaking to coat with flour. Repeat with remaining chicken. Season chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cooking until well-browned on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet. Drain oil from pan.
- COMBINE orange marmalade, pepper strips, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and thyme in skillet. Stir. Place chicken on vegetable mixture skin side down. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- COOK chicken 35 to 40 minutes, turning chicken skin side up halfway through cooking time. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F and juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- WHISK cornstarch into 1/4 cup of cold water. Place chicken on serving dish. Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetables. Cook until thickened. Spoon vegetable mixture on top of chicken.
- TIP Delicious served over cooked rotelle or fusilli pasta.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 740mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 21g), Protein 49g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.