Pecan Caramel Rolls
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 15 rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 large egg
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
PECAN AND CARAMEL TOPPING
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Hungry Jack® Butter Flavored Syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping (optional)
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix with 2 tablespoons sugar in large bowl. Stir in hot water, 2 tablespoons butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 375°F.
- CARAMEL SAUCE: MELT butter in small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and syrup until smooth. Pour evenly into 13 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- ROLL dough to 15 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Spread 2 tablespoons butter evenly over dough. Combine cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle evenly over butter. Starting with 15-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing edges to seal. Cut into 15 (1-inch) slices. Place cut side down on caramel sauce in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving tray. Let pan remain over rolls 5 minutes to allow caramel sauce to cover rolls. Remove pan. Drizzle caramel topping over rolls, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 15), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 18g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.