Pecan Toffee Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 100 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup loosely packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup toffee bits, divided
- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith, Jonathan or Rome Beauty Apples (about 2 lbs. or 6 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Granulated sugar
- PREPARE recipe for deep dish double crust pie, using a 9- or 9-1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions, reserving pastry scraps. Do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 425ºF.
- POUR melted butter into unbaked pie crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup chopped nuts and 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- PLACE apples in large bowl. Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples. Toss to coat.
- SPOON one-third of apple mixture over toffee bits. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup nuts and 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cover with one-third of apple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup nuts and remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cover with remaining apple mixture. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL top crust according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut apple and leaf shapes into top crust. Remove and place on baking sheet.
- BAKE shapes 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- PLACE top crust onto filled pie; finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Brush top crust with milk. Sprinkle with granulated sugar
- PLACE pie in oven. REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350ºF. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Place separately baked apple and leaf cutouts into areas from which they were cut. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 730 (Calories from Fat 400), Total Fat 45g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 78g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 49g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.