Perfect Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 6 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 425°F.
- COMBINE apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and lemon juice in large bowl. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- TIP *Two (21 oz.) cans apple pie filling can be substituted for filling ingredients.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.