Pineapple-Coconut Chess Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Martha White® Plain Enriched Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 teaspoon Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in unsweeetened pineapple juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cornmeal, flour and vanilla. Mix well.
- COMBINE undrained pineapple and coconut in small bowl; fold into filling. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate leftover pie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 49g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.