Praline Pumpkin Pie
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (16 oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Cider Apple Butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 450ºF.
- PREPARE and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 10-inch pie plate; cool.
- COMBINE pumpkin, apple butter and butter in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- COMBINE eggs, evaporated milk and water. Gradually stir into pumpkin mixture. Pour into baked pie crust.
- BAKE 10 minutes. REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350ºF. Bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- COMBINE 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, cornstarch and cold water in small saucepan, cooking and stirring over medium heat until mixture is clear. Cool.
- BEAT egg whites and vanilla with electric mixer at high speed until frothy. Beat in remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat well after each addition. Beat until soft peaks form. Add cornstarch mixture. Beat 1 minute at high speed.
- COMBINE brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in small saucepan, cooking and stirring over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is blended. Remove from heat.
- SPOON dollops of meringue in a ring around outside edge of pie. Sprinkle nuts over center. Drizzle praline topping over nuts, as desired.
- BAKE at 350ºF 15 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate leftover pie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 72g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 48g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 170%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.