Quick Cranberry Scones
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (15.6 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Cranberry Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs - 1 whole, 1 separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray the bottom only of a 9-inch pie pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE quick bread mix, sour cream, milk, 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk in large bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes until dry ingredients are moistened. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- WHISK reserved egg white and water in small bowl until well mixed. Brush over top of batter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 2 tablespoons flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 scone of 8), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 25g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.