Southern Pecan Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT shortening and chocolate together in large saucepan; cool. Stir in egg yolks. Stir in vanilla, sugar, flour, and nuts (mixture will be crumbly).
- BEAT egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 16), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.