Spiced Apple Walnut Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 40 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MIX shortening and 1 cup sugar at medium high speed of electric mixer 5 minutes or until light. Add applesauce and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in large bowl. Add to applesauce mixture; stir until combined. Stir in raisins. Spread in prepared baking sheet.
- COMBINE crushed cornflakes, nuts, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and melted shortening; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Cool; cut in bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.