Spicy Carrot Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated raw carrots
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- COMBINE carrots, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well combined (about 1 minute). Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- FROST with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 12), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 38g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.