Strawberry Banana Shortcake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 160 min
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Banana Flavored Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups strawberries, sliced in half
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping, heated according to package directions
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Generously spray the bottom only of an 8 x 4 or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Combine all bread ingredients in large bowl; stir 50 to 75 strokes just until dry particles are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE as follows: For 8 x 4-inch pan, bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; for 9 x 5-inch pan, bake 40 to 50 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
- SLICE bread into four 1/2-inch-thick slices (wrap and refrigerate or freeze remaining bread for a later use*). Place slices on 4 individual dessert plates. Spoon half of whipped topping over bread slices. Top with strawberries, bananas, remaining whipped topping and fudge topping. Serve immediately.
- TIP *Store bread in refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE quickbread and muffin mix package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 2379 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 72g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.