Summer Herbed Tomato Swiss Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1 cup (4 oz.) coarsely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- PREPARE and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; cool.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; drain in a colander for 10 to 15 minutes. Spread mustard to taste over bottom of baked pie shell; sprinkle with cheese.
- ARRANGE tomatoes over cheese in 1 overlapping layer. Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake until tomatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- STIR together parsley, thyme, garlic, oil, salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Sprinkle over pie while hot; spreading gently with back of a spoon. Serve pie hot or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/6 of pie), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.