Veal in Sour Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 5 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 pounds veal stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- MELT shortening in large skillet over medium heat. Add veal, onion and fennel seed. Cook and stir until veal is browned. Add broth. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until veal is tender, stirring occasionally.
- BLEND flour and cold water together. Stir into veal. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles. Reduce heat to low.
- COMBINE sour cream, half-and-half and lemon juice in small bowl. Blend into thickened mixture; cook until heated through. Serve over egg noodles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/5 of recipe), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 165mg, Sodium 630mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 38g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.