Very Strawberry Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 24
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Strawberry Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Smucker’s® Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread, divided
- 12 fresh strawberries, halved, for garnish
- For Cupcakes: HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Strawberry Frosting: BEAT shortening and cream cheese in large bowl on medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in 1/3 cup fruit spread and remaining lemon peel. Beat 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- REMOVE cupcakes from paper liners. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread 1 rounded teaspoon of remaining fruit spread on bottom halves. Replace top halves. Place frosting in decorator bag fitted with a star decorating tip (1M). Frost cupcakes by starting at outside edge, working in a circular motion moving towards center to build up frosting, creating a swirl effect. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 37g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.